Monday, June 4, 2012

In The Shoes Of a Hero

Life is one big adventure, and it is up to the hero to decide how best to take it.  An adventurer should not fear the adventure he partakes in however, as most each adventure has been experienced by his ancestors and the people around him's ancestors.  The world hold's professions that are known to man, and there are living heros who can help others achieve success in those professions.  Where people can expect hardship or fear from an unknown, pleasure can be found.  There are times in life when men are torn down when they thought they thoight they had the upper hand, and there are times when men rise up to show meaning in their existence.  And where men need others to build their existence to a glorious state, others will be there.

    As an 18 year old about to graduate from highschool, there is a grand adventure waiting for me outside the walls of Keene.  I am a hero, along with billions of others in the world who is fulfilling the adventure of life or will be soon after birth.  As explained in the above, my completing highschool is not solo.  There are many kids fulfilling similar adventures who need to complete highschool to further progress their lives.  It is after highschool that my adventure branches out in different directions than my peers, and I must take part in the first adventure of its kind.  Although each person has his one adventure that is completely new, similar experiences can be shared to make the adventure easier or more understandable.

    Many people expect to find abominations or have aversions to ideas and experiences, but most can find a diamond in the rough or a light in the dark if they put themselves up for it.  New experiences can warrant positive results as easily as negative.  College is a completely new, scary experience for myself that could provide negative results for my life, but from what I gather from the many who shared similar experiences, college can be all that I want if I make it.  I could come out on top, or bomb and show up on rock bottom, but no matter what happens, the people around me will not make me go alone.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you that completing high school is a journey that we don't take by ourselves. I also liked how you explained that it's after high school that we really start to make our own paths. I thought your perspective was really interesting, and very relatable for all graduation high school seniors. I did feel your first paragraph was a bit wordy and could've been refined a little bit to be more clear, but overall you did a really good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, Guyon! I would also have to agree in the fact that contemplating high school isn't a journey we take by ourselves. i also like that you said one must not be afraid of the journey he/she is about to take. There is nothing to fear, for everything has already been experience by ancestors, etc. The third paragraph was brilliantly worded. This is a really great post. Nice work! (teehee!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! The journey to achieve an even higher degree of education than high school truly is a journey. Yet it is worth the troubles which we will face. We will be able to use the lessons that we learned during our journeys in high school to carry us through our future challenges. And once we complete this next hero's journey, we will emerge as knowledgeable, maturer adults. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was an awesome allegory! I too believe that education is a journey, and there are certainly enough challenges. I even believe to an extent that it is a mental journey in addition to the literal, physical one. Becoming a part of society takes a different state of mind than that of a child, and it is quite a trip to go from one to the other. Great post!

    ReplyDelete